At Amazing.bet, we offer you all the relevant information you need about the World Cup 2018.As you delve into our site you will learn many interesting facts about the world cup, predictions, tips, the World Cup schedule and those teams that are participating in what is expected to be a high energy race to the final.
The FIFA World Cup 2018 will be the 21st since its inception in 1930. The World Cup is a quadrennial international soccer tournament involving 32 national teams. There will be a total of 64 matches played in 12 locations, spread over 11 different cities in Russia. We therefore decided, with the World Cup being the most watched sporting event in the world, to provide you with everything you need to know from the qualifying matches to the various betting options, World Cup facts, and tips on where to get the best value for money before 2018 rolls around.
On the 2nd of December 2010, Russia was granted the right to host the soccer World Cup 2018 for the first time in history. From the 32 national teams, Russia and 13 other teams will represent the European zone, 5 national teams will represent the Africa zone, 4 national teams from South America and Asia, 3 national teams from North America, and 2 tournament tickets that will be decided in playoffs. The 64 matches will be held in the following cities spread across the country, including Moscow, Saint Petersburg, Ekaterinburg, Kazan, Samara, Volgograd, Nizhny Novgorod, Saransk, Rostov-on-Don, Kaliningrad, and Sochi.
The FIFA World Cup 2018 will commence from June 14th, 2018 until July 15th, 2018. Prior to the start of the World Cup, Russia will also host the FIFA Confederations Cup tournament from June 17th until July 2nd, 2018. In the Confederations Cup, 8 teams will participate, including Russia as the host country, Germany as the current world champions, Australia as the 2015 Asia Cup winners, Chile as the 2015 Copa America winners, Mexico as the 2015 Golden CONCACAF Cup winners, New Zealand as the 2016 OFC Nations Cup winners, Portugal as the current European champions, and Cameroon as the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations winners.
The Confederation Cup matches will take place in the stadiums of four different cities across Russia, including Sochi and Kazan hosting the semi-finals, the Spartak stadium situated in Moscow hosting the semifinal for the match to reveal third place, and Saint Petersburg hosting the first semifinal and match final of the Confederations Cup.
In 2014, FIFA unveiled the World Cup brand identity and its official emblem. The design takes the shape of the principal World Cup trophy and the theme of the 2018 World Cup involves the cosmic outer space exploration and a dream, invigorated with folk motives, including Matryoshkas, Firebirds, and folk patterns. Ekaterina Bocharova designed WolfZabivaka and won the right to be the mascot of the 2018 World Cup. The primary symbol of the soccer tournament was decided through online voting.
Volunteers will help in the hosting and managing process of the FIFA Confederations Cup and World Cup. The volunteers will receive specialized training for 20 different functional directions. The tournament organisers plan to include five thousand people for the Confederations Cup and around 15 thousand people for the World Cup 2018.
Elected ambassadors will represent the FIFA World Cup 2018 in each of the 11 hosted cities These include famous people that are either related to the city somehow or that were born in those cities. Each ambassador will promote a healthy and sporty lifestyle, as well as promote the FIFA World Cup.
Apart from the soccer matches, guests from across the globe can also visit several FIFA Fan Fests during the tournament which are special events established by FIFA. These include dedicated areas to watch World Cup matches and Confederation Cup matches, where those unable to enter the stadium will be able to join in on the fun. This provides the perfect opportunity to watch live coverage of every single match between world-class athletes conveniently and safely.
2018 World Cup Betting
World Cup Betting: The 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia is going to provide an exciting month of betting across the globe, and punters can already make predictions on who is going to be the outright champions at several leading online sports betting sites. Each of the online betting sites we listed below are already catering to the upcoming World Cup and provide a range of additional betting options, as well as guidelines on how to bet on each of their sites.
Recommended Sports Betting Sites for the 2018 World Cup
- William Hill – Established in 1934, William Hill is a renowned UK-based sportsbook and one of the largest bookmakers in the UK. Its strong retail arm has given the company a high amount of brand equity, helping it maintain its status among punters. Bettors can also decide on the outright tournament winners of the World Cup. For instance, Germany 11/2, Spain 15/2, France 5/1, England 20/1, and Brazil 15/2.
- 888sport – Established in 2008, 888 Sport are situated in Gibraltar and offer a range of incredible products including poker, online casino, bingo, and sports betting. In addition, the overall professionalism and security of their website are of the highest quality. 888Sport also offers a great range of odds on the outright tournament winner for the World Cup in 2018, including Germany 11/2, Brazil 6/1, France 6/1, Spain 17/2, and England 20/1.
- bet365 – Established in 2001, Bet365 is a complete online gaming destination, offering skill games, bingo, online casino, poker, and sports betting on a downloadable casino client or through a flash version with no download required. Bet365 also offers some of the best odds in the business when it comes to the World Cup and who will win the tournament outright. Some of these odds include Spain 7/1, France 11/2, Germany 11/2, Italy 20/1, and Brazil 13/2.
- Bodog – Established in 1994 by Calvin Ayre, Bodog is a market leader when it comes to their online casino, poker room, racebook, and sportsbook. Bodog further impresses with a wide range of payment methods, excellent customer support, and sensational bonuses and promotions. They also offer some of the best odds in the business, especially when it comes to the World Cup and who will win the tournament outright, including Germany 13/2, Brazil 13/2, Spain 17/2, England 20/1, and France 11/2 to mention a few.
- Pinnacle – Established in 1998, Pinnacle is one of the largest online sportsbooks in the world and pride themselves on offering some of the best odds in the business. Pinnacle boasts with customers from over 200 different countries and further impresses with a simple website layout, superior customer service, and a wide range of payment methods. Unfortunately, Pinnacle does not offer any outright odds on the 2018 World Cup tournament winner at the time of writing this article.
In this section, you will find valuable information regarding the different betting odds and betting markets you will come across during the World Cup tournament. These include point spread betting, moneyline betting, totals betting, parlay and prop betting. We also included a brief description of what each betting type consists of and inform you which betting type will suit you best to ensure you get the best possible chance of winning at the bookies.
Knowing how to bet and where to bet, along with understanding betting odds and the plethora of betting markets is only half of what you need to know. The other half includes World Cup predictions. Luckily, we also included a great article explaining everything there is to know when it comes to making the correct prediction. Although the World Cup is still a few months away, you can already start placing bets on who you think will be the tournament winner. In this section, we included the current contenders with their current odds and briefly explained the current situation with the top five teams to assist you in making an educated decision before placing a bet.
Once the tournament gets underway in June 2018, your best friend is going to be the World Cup schedule, keeping you up to date on the latest qualifying matches, statistics, scores, betting options, and group stages of the tournament. We thought it would be beneficial to include a section that outlines the different groups and the national teams that are playing in each group.
2018 World Cup Betting Tips
You can also greatly benefit from our World Cup tips that we think is extremely valuable when you head to the bookies to place a bet. Here we offered several expert tips that you can follow to increase your betting knowledge and potentially walk away with a pocket filled with cash.
Interesting Facts about the World Cup
On our road to Russia we also included a bunch of interesting facts about the World Cup, stretching from the first World Cup tournament in 1930 until the upcoming tournament in 2018, as well as the World Cup Canada 2026.